The Rules for Administration
What are the basic conditions/requirements if my school is considering participation in the voucher program?
To be approved as an "eligible school," the school must meet seven basic conditions:
- Be located in Indiana
- Require an eligible student to pay tuition or transfer tuition to attend
- Voluntarily agree to enroll the eligible student
- Be accredited by either the State Board or a national or regional accreditation agency that is recognized by the State Board
- Administer the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress (ISTEP) program (for a high school, administer End-of-Course Assessments) to all students at the testing grade levels
- Not be a charter school or the school corporation in which an eligible individual has legal settlement under IC 20-26-11
- Submit to the department data required for A-F grading
For additional information, consult our FAQ. Please click here.