Is my non-public school eligible to participate?
- Participating non-public schools must be accredited by the state or another regional accreditation agency recognized by the state board (click here for a list of approved agencies) and administer the ISTEP, including end of course assessments (ECAs) for high school
- Participating non-public schools must not discriminate in admissions based on race, color, or national origin
- Participating non-public schools must conduct a lottery if the number of voucher applicants meeting admissions criteria exceeds the number of slots available for students receiving vouchers
- PL 221 accountability (school grading system) applies and any school that is consistently in lowest categories will become ineligible to receive voucher funds
- Participating non-public schools must meet certain curricular standards which are consistent with state-accreditation in addition to not advocating for any government overthrow
- Annual teacher performance evaluation plans must also be implemented